Thursday, April 10, 2014

On why my job is cool, part 1

Today I am too tired to write an actual entry. I will say that it was awesome because I listened to the student pitches for a grant I thought of a few months ago. My little work baby from start to finish. I feel grateful that my employers are encouraging of my crazy ideas. Maybe one day soon I will talk about my unofficial, informal arts manifesto so that I can talk a little more about the thinking that went behind this grant.

It's always so hard rejecting people, though, which is inherent in the process of administering grants. I also hate it when I'm reading applications for internships. I think I'm still too close to the fresh wounds of last year and being rejected all.the.time for jobs, internships, etc. and knowing how much it absolutely sucked.

Tomorrow my work will take me to SF, where I will be in charge of a group of students and responsible for making sure they don't die. Should be fun. I'll take some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment