Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Great things from this weekend

1) Sleeping in. My body actually let me sleep until past 8:30 which was unexpected and spectacularly wonderful. Also much needed after the craziness of Admit Weekend.

2) Getting Philz coffee. This is really superficial but I always feel a little badass when I order coffee black. I'm hoping that any hipster aesthetic pretension is mitigated by the fact that I usually order it while wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. My 15-year old fashion obsessed self would be horrified that I haven't yet spent my paycheck on MiH jeans and PS1 bag (she knows we're still too young for a Sofia Coppola LV bag, though that's the ultimate dream).

3) Hanging out with Ben! That kid is way too busy, but that means it's even more special/fun when we do get to hang out. Sometimes I wonder if it's weird that one of my residents from last year ended up being one of my best friends, but I try not to overthink it (unlike everything else in my life). Ben is great. He's one of the only people I feel like I could tell anything to and he'd still support and love me.

4) Meeting Ben's Kairos friends. Not that much to explain here, but they were all very nice and welcoming and fun to hang out with.

5) Getting a beer in the sun with Matt and Brandon.

6) Watching Matt hold an extremely expensive bottle of champagne I bought (as a gift) like a baby. And 100% seriously stating that if it fell he would lick it off the sidewalk. So would I, Matt. So would I.

7) Eating Pizza My Heart and running into Alborz downtown. Palo Alto mainly sucks, but running into people is always pretty fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment