Wednesday, April 9, 2014

On happy small discoveries, part 1


About a month ago I signed up for the Penguin First to Read program and then promptly forgot about it. But today I got an email to sign up for the new drawings and I clicked around on my profile and discovered that I actually got selected for one of the books in the last drawing cycle! Getting a free book and getting said book before the general reading populace is basically the best thing ever.

I just downloaded the book, Jen Doll's Save the Date, and am excited to read it / am maybe about to peer into my future of copious wedding attendance. Actually, that's probably not even true because the friends I have who are in relationships either a) are DEFINITELY not going to marry their current significant other or b) don't believe in marriage. And then the rest are single.

Last June, like two days before graduation, two people from my freshman dorm got married but I was not invited to the wedding, even though like literally everyone else from these dorms was. My secret theory is that they thought I was still together with my ex, who can be as boring as plain toast and also kind of an oblivious white mofo, and then didn't invite me because they thought I was still an "us." Or, they just forgot. I mean, it's hard to keep track of all those evites. No, I'm not bitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment